Beef Hot Pot
Using Lucas Pie Gravy Mix – 20053050
Product make up:
Download our RecipesJ31
(makes 2 trays – Scale up accordingly)
Diced Beef (Chuck steak or similar cut) – 450g
Diced Carrots – 75g
Diced Shallots – 75g
Pie Gravy Mix – 50g
Cold water – 350g (use 80% water (280g) to cook the beef meat. Remaining 20% (70g) to make your gravy slurry
Diced Potatoes (or sliced)
- Add the diced Beef Meat to a pan with 80% of the cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 2 – 2 ½ hours, until the desired texture of the meat is achieved.
- 10-15 minutes before the end of cooking add the carrots and shallots to the pan. Then allow to cool slightly.
- To make the gravy mix. Add the pie gravy mix to a bowl, along with the remaining 20% of the water in the recipe. Mix thoroughly. Add this to the pan and bring back to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Then assemble your dish.
- Place the mixture into ovenable trays and place the potatoes on the top.
The Beef Hotpot can be sold as a kitchen ready product, either in foil, cpet or similar ovenable trays
The sauce is freeze stable, so is suitable for making in large batch sizes.
- Oven cook. Cooking temperature 190ºC
- Cook until piping hot, or an even temperature of 72°C is reached.