Using Lucas Chicken Sauce Mix – 20053072
Product make up:
Download our RecipesJ29
(makes 2 trays – Scale up accordingly)
Chicken Diced – 500g (leg or thigh meat)
Mushrooms chopped – 50g
Leeks sliced – 50g
Cold Water – 350g
(use 80% (280g) to cook with the chicken and 20% (70g) to make the chicken sauce slurry) Chicken sauce Mix – 50g
Mini savoury scones to go around the edges of the dish.
- Add the diced chicken to a pan with 80% of the cold water. Bring to the boil and simmer for approx. 30 minutes.
- 5 minutes before the end of cooking add the mushrooms and leeks to the pan. Then allow to cool slightly.
- To make the chicken sauce mix. Add the chicken sauce mix to a bowl, along with the remaining 20% of the water in the recipe. Mix thoroughly. Add this to the pan and bring back to the boil and then simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring continuously.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Then assemble your dish.
- Place the mixture into ovenable trays and place the mini savoury scones around the edge of the tray.
The Chicken Cobbler can be sold as a kitchen ready product, either in foil, cpet or similar ovenable trays.
The sauce is freeze stable, so is suitable for making in large batch sizes.
- Oven cook. Cooking temperature 190ºC
- Cook until piping hot, or an even temperature of 72°C is reached.