Creamy Potato Gratin
Using Lucas Bechamel Sauce Mix – 20053032
A great side dish for Pork Chops, Sausages or a Roast dinner
Product make up:
Download our RecipesJ27
Makes 2 trays – Scale up accordingly
Sliced Potatoes (Parboiled) 500g
Made up Bechamel Sauce 400g (60g Bechamel Sauce Mix and 340g Cold Water)
(200g for each tray) Grated Orange Cheddar Cheese 100g
Dried Breadcrumbs, blended with mixed herbs – 40g
- Parboil the sliced potatoes 10-15 mins (allow to cool) and then place in your trays
- To make the béchamel sauce. Weigh out the dry béchamel sauce mix in the recipe above and add the measure amount of water. Mix both thoroughly together.
- Pour over the made up béchamel sauce over the sliced potatoes
- Sprinkled on the Cheddar cheese
- Sprinkle over the top some dried breadcrumb blend with mixed herbs
The Creamy Potato Gratin can be sold as a kitchen ready product, either in foil, cpet or similar ovenable trays.
The sauce is freeze stable, so is suitable for making in large batch sizes.
- Oven cook. Cooking temperature 190ºC
- Cook until piping hot, or an even temperature of 72°C is reached.