Ham & Mushroom Carbonara
Using Lucas Bechamel Sauce Mix – 20053032
Product make up:
Download our RecipesJ25
(makes 2 trays – Scale up accordingly)
Diced Ham 100g
Sliced Mushrooms 100g
Grated Orange Cheddar Cheese 100g
Pasta – 250g (Parboil for 1 minutes and cool under cold water)
Cracked Black Pepper for garnish
Made up Bechamel Sauce 500g (75g Bechamel Sauce Mix and 425g Cold Water)
- To make the béchamel sauce. Weigh out the dry béchamel sauce mix in the recipe above and add the measure amount of water. Mix both thoroughly together.
- Add the pasta, diced ham, sliced mushrooms to ovenable trays.
- Pour over the made up béchamel sauce
- Sprinkled on the Cheddar Cheese (a little parmesan if desired)
- For decoration sprinkle a little cracked black pepper over the top.
The Ham & Mushroom carbonara can be sold as a kitchen ready product, either in foil, cpet or similar ovenable trays.
The sauce is freeze stable, so is suitable for making in large batch sizes.
- Oven cook. Cooking temperature 190ºC
- During cooking, stir the sauce a couple of times.
- Cook until piping hot, or an even temperature of 72°C is reached.