Using Lucas Tomato Sauce Mix – 20053030
Product make up:
Download our RecipesJ22
(makes 2 trays – Scale up accordingly)
- Minced Beef – 350g
- Diced Mushrooms – 120g
- Diced Onions – 120g
- Smoked Bacon Pieces – 80g
- Tomato Sauce Mix – 350g (63g of Tomato Sauce Mix and 287g Cold Water)
- Cooking Oil
- In a frying pan, fry the Beef mince, Smoked Bacon pieces, diced mushrooms and onion with some cooking oil, until cooked thoroughly.
- Once cooked, allow to cool.
- Weigh out the tomato sauce mix into a bowl and add the weighed out cold water. Mix thoroughly with a whisk.
- To assemble, add the mince mixture to the tomato sauce. Mix thoroughly.
The Spaghetti Bolognese can be sold as a kitchen ready product, either in foil, cpet or similar ovenable trays.
The sauce is freeze stable, so is suitable for making in large batch sizes.
- Oven cook. Cooking temperature 190ºC
- During cooking, stir the sauce a couple of times.
- Cook until piping hot, or an even temperature of 72°C is reached.
Other Recipe Ideas:-
This classic tomato sauce mix is bursting with flavour and is ideal as a topping for pizza, jacket potatoes, or a delicious extra with mashed potato. It is the perfect base sauce for ready meals, such as pasta bake, lasagne, meatballs or even as a sausage casserole.