- Cook the meat in 80% of the water until tender. Once cooked allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the gravy mix in the remaining 20% of the cold water to form a smooth blend.
- The water that has evaporated /boiled off should be replaced before adding the gravy mix.
- Add the blend to the cooked meat, stir well. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool as quickly as possible and fill into pie shells and then cover with the lid.
- Glaze the pies using Lucas Pastry Glaze p/n 62564. This should be done prior to and again 5 minutes before the end of baking.
- Bake the pies @ 200°C/400°F/Gas 6, until internal temperatures reach 72°C.
STORAGE: Pies can either be stored under refrigeration or frozen.
• The pies can be frozen prior to glazing and baking and be baked off at a later date.
• Pies should be thoroughly thawed prior to baking.
Associated How-to videos
Pie Making - step-by-step guide - PDF
Other Recipes using Lucas Pie Gravy Mix
Beef Cobbler with Mixed Peppers, Mushroom & Red Wine - PDF
Steak & Ale Pie - PDF
Steak, Stout & Shallot Pie - PDF
Printable Display Tickets
Steak Pie Display Ticket - PDF
Beef Cobbler Display Ticket - PDF
Steak & Ale Pie Display Ticket - PDF
Steak, Stout & Shallot Pie Display Ticket - PDF